July 10, 2011

Sunny Sunday!

Last night, I went to a scrumption summer bbq prepared by my friend Sarah's family for her berfday! The menu consisted of steak and chicken on the grill, two types of potato salad, a cucumber, tomato, feta salad, a deeeelish summer squash salad, and what birthday party would be complete without the requisite chocolate cake!. The malbec flowed and the mosquitoes bit. Sarah's hubby had set up a plethora of yard games- bocce, badminton and croquet. It was great fun! Except for the little incident of a certain young woman (ahem) stepping in a certain present left by Sarah's dog. C'est la vie! Since I was so full from all of the deliciousness at the bbq, I have had an open faced sammy as my only meal thus far- two slices of whole wheat bread, both smothered in apricot preserves, one side topped with cottage cheese, the other with Crazy Richard's natural PB. Washed down with a big fat bottle of TJ's Sparkling Lemon Spring Water- so sensational and a great value in my eyes! Today will consist of a little blogwork, a little grad school work, a little packing ( I am moving next Friday!), and church with the 'rents. Such a beautiful sunny Sunday here in NJ...gotta get out and get my legs moving a little bit too.

No comments:

Post a Comment